In response to a recall by Satur Farms, Whole Foods Market is recalling various prepared foods items containing baby spinach because of a potential contamination of Salmonella. The products being recalled in Rhode Island include:
– Chicken Florentine Panini
– Golden Beet & Tangerine Salad
– Locavore Cheese Steak Wrap
– Mediterranean Stuffed Salmon
– Quinoa with Dark Leafy Greens
– Roasted Vegetables Panini
– Salad Spring Berry Power
– Smoked Turkey with Apple & Cheddar Sandwich
– Spinach and Vegetable Quinoa Salad
– Spinach Ravioli Salad with Lemon, Tomato, and Parmesan
– Strawberry Balsamic Quinoa
– Tofu Shawarma Wrap
– Turkey Avocado Sandwich (Turkado Sandwich)
– Turkey with Spinach & Feta Sandwich
– Vegan Spinach Almond Ricotta Pizza
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy people infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis, and arthritis.
No illnesses have been reported at this time.
Recalled products should be thrown away. Customers who purchased these products can bring a valid receipt into stores for a full refund. Consumers with additional questions can call 1-844-936-8255.