The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) is advising consumers that Thrive Market is recalling all unexpired lots of the Thrive Market brand nut butters listed below due to the potential for contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
– Thrive Market Organic Creamy Almond Butter
– Thrive Market Non-GMO Creamy Almond Butter
– Thrive Market Organic Crunchy Almond Butter
– Thrive Market Non-GMO Crunchy Almond Butter
– Thrive Market Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
– Thrive Market Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
– Thrive Market Sesame Tahini
– Thrive Market Creamy Cashew Butter
– Thrive Market Organic Coconut Butter
– Thrive Market Sunflower Butter
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in pregnant women, young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
These products were distributed nationwide through Thrive Market’s ecommerce subscription service to its members, as well as other online retailers.
These products should be thrown away. Consumers with questions should write to [email protected]