by Evelyn Smart
Have you ever heard about bodyflex, a 15-20 minute training program that allows you to lose considerable weight in a short period of time if done regularly? I did, as well as thousands of people who learned the techniques and used them to improve their health. Let’s learn together about the benefits and flaws of bodyflex.
History of Bodyflex
Vacuum breathing techniques were long known. It was used to increase oxygen supply to the tissues, improve blood circulation and to tone the abdominal muscles. As oxygen is the main component for fat burning, those, who practiced vacuum breathing could get rid of excess fat tissue during workout.
Bodyflex combines vacuum breathing and exercises for different groups of muscles. This unique methodic helps to burn fat, massage the internal organs and tone all your body muscles at the same time. What is exiting, face won’t be an exception. There are exercises for your forehead, cheeks, neck and chin as well.
The author of Bodyflex is Greer Childers. In her book “Be a Loser! Lose Inches Fast – No Diet” she tells a story how she discovered vacuum exercises and the benefits of oxygen for weight loss. Her own achievement was from size XL to S in just 3 to 4 months. And she could acquire such results doing exercises only 15-20 minutes a day!
Methodic of Bodyflex and How it Affects You
Bodyflex technique is a complex of vacuum exercises combined with stretching and muscle straining. When you practice, your body gets considerable amount of oxygen. And oxygen is the very thing that helps you lose extra pounds.
The greatest part about Bodyflex is that almost anyone can practice it. There is no age limit. Doesn’t matter whether you are 60 or 70 or 80. As long as your physician has no objections, you can do it. No restrictions based on your weight either.
One and only most important thing in Bodyflex is to breathe correctly in a special way to create vacuum inside your body. For this you need to learn five stages of ventral breathing:
- Stand in a basketball player position
- Exhale all the air from your lungs through your mouth with a push
- Inhale intensely, fill the lungs with air. On this stage, while inhaling, your nostrils must stick to your nasal septum
- Exhale sharply through your mouth again with a “pahh” sound
- Now hold your breath. You must be feeling your stomach sticking to your spine
After you are able to perform the breathing part properly, it’s time to combine it with weight loss exercises. They include stretching and static poses with or without weights.
What you have to remember, the best time to practice Bodyflex is early morning when you still have an empty stomach. Of course if your mornings are busy, use evening time. Just let it be not less than 4 hours since you had your last meal.
Greer Childers in her book insists that only 15 minutes a day will help you:
- Lose weight
- Accelerate metabolism
- Reduce appetite
- Improve skin color
- Get rid of second chin
- Normalize your bowel function
- Cleanse the lymph system
- Get rid of shortness of breath
Most people mark a great inflow of energy after bodyflex that doesn’t wear off through the day. So if you are usually sleepy in the morning, use vacuum breathing instead of coffee.
6 Best Tips to Make Bodyflex Really Work
Every source you can find about bodyflex and vacuum breathing will tell you only about the benefits. It’s always “15 to 20 minutes a day will help you lose pounds”. But I have tried this methodic myself and learned important things that you need to know too.
- First of all you have to practice regularly. And under regularly I mean almost every day. Come to think of it, 15-20 minutes a day is not that much, even if you are very busy, sure it’s possible to stop for a quarter of an hour for your own sake
- Bodyflex won’t be that effective if you continue eating lots of sugar and high-calorie food. It’s important to start taking more healthy meals. Might be a good idea to consult your dietitian about general recommendations or even nutrition plan
- Don’t forget about drinking more water (of course if you don’t have any condition preventing you from doing so)
- At your first 3-4 lessons you might feel dizzy and very tired. This will pass, just let your body adjust to all the oxygen you get
- The more you are overweight, the faster you will see results. Those (like myself) who don’t have many extra ponds might not be able to lose much weight, but they definitely will see the improvements and become more fit
- Some women note that after 3-4 months of regular bodyflex sessions their progress slows down or stops. I noticed it too. The supposed reason for this is that your body gets used to the load and needs extra efforts. Adding 5 minutes more to your bodyflex routine helps
Who Can’t Practice Bodyflex
We talked a lot about all the benefits of this great methodic. But of course it’s not suitable for everyone. Before you go searching for the nearest Bodyflex class, be sure to learn the medical conditions that don’t go well with vacuum breathing methodic. They are:
• Heart failure
• Exacerbation of chronic diseases
• Postoperative periods
• Diseases of the thyroid gland
Pregnancy at any stage is also a restriction. Be sure to postpone the exercises till a couple of months after you deliver.
Ask your physician additionally to be sure there is no risk for your health if you start Bodyflex lessons. Stay healthy, stay fit!